VR Trailer Task 3

To create my trailer I had to use the tools I am already familiar with as well as new ones. The programmes I used to create the VR trailer were Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro 2017 with tools such as ‘Shift Channel’, ‘Time Stretch’ and ‘Screen Mode’. In order to access each file that my fellow team mates created, we made a communal Google Drive where we would be able to access each file.

When editing in Adobe After Effects, my first step was to import all of the files and them in order. To remove the background from Thomas Duncan‘s animation I selected the file, went to EffectChannelShift Channel and then changed the Take Alpha from Alpha to Luminance. On the turret itself there was a lot of shadow which lead to it being transparent during the editing process however to prevent this problem I duplicated the layer several times to fill in the animation. As the turret’s lighting didn’t completely match the environment I did change some of the layers modes from Normal to Screen (located in the composition tab on the bottom left). In addition to that I increased the size of the animation to make the fact the robot coming out of the headset more believable. Another tool I used was the Position tool as when the turret animation had stopped the turret would still appear on screen, I had the turret extend it original height animation and fly more to the the right side. I made sure it matched the same curvature path of the camera falling over.

To cutout the arm that knocks off the side of the draws, I used a technique that I used in ‘Green Screen Practice’, the Pen Tool. To fill in the background, I duplicated the layer but slowed it down by going to EffectTimeTime Stretch, the one problem I had with this is that I had an area on the wooden desk where the shadow from the background video wouldn’t match the foreground video. I attempted to remove most this effect with the Opacity tool under the Transform tab. To make the glowing effect I made a glowing blue ball on Adobe Photoshop, I then imported the file and altered the size to make it appear that there was a glow underneath the camera line, but not so big that the white circle would appear on screen. Following that, I then added the graphics work of Matthew Roberts and the UI work from Zachary Creer to make the effects match the text I added a glitchy effect. Again I used the Shift Channel tool to remove the background, as it wasn’t made with a 3D environment I only had to duplicate it once for it to be seen clearly. An idea given to me by  Zachary Creer was to add very short yet random clips of the original clip, as well as a adding a prototype screenshot of the game to give viewers a quick glimpse of the gameplay.

https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/37471358/posts/1395012784

 

Once I exported the clip from Adobe After Effects, I then imported it into Adobe Premiere Pro, where I would then add in the sound that was collected by Zachary Creer. As the audio was very jumbled in the clip I created in After Effects I got the audio from the original clip and put it over the top. A few of the clips audio levels were quite high compared to the rest so I had to decrease the volume using VolumeLevels. This stage wasn’t difficult as I had worked with syncing audio with video before in my ‘Warburtons Advert’ and ‘Film Noir Trailer’.

Overall I feel pleased with this trailer as the animation and I feel like I have leant a few new tools such as Shift Channel and Time Stretch, I feel these tools will be helpful in the future for both my FMP and future projects.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s